Starlight Chat
MESSAGE BOARD

News:

• Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam
  • SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!

News

SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!

it happened again.

David · 1211

David

• The Boss Man
  • Site Owner
  • SLC Onwer
on: February 01, 2022, 05:58:52 PM
Well, it seems the chat server is still a bit glitchy and still has the issue of crashing now and then. I believe a bit portion of this is due to the site being hit with some attacks as well, which is resulting in resources being used, and the server is shutting it down because of it. For the first month, or so it was running perfect, no issues when I had it in the background. Once it was live it started to happen, yes there has been more activity and all, but unfortunately the results happen. What I plan to do going forward is trying to go for two weeks at a time, and then reset the chat server instead of waiting a month. I'll get a workaround for it to auto kick-start back up if it crashes as well. The only issue with that is at times the rooms might get cleaned of posts, of course in the event of a crash, just like before for those who remember. I'm going to do my best to limit the issue as much as possible.

Jayson

• Room Owner
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 09:23:40 PM
I think most of us understand....as you pointed out ....you are working with a much older software.

Thanks you for keeping us informed and taking care of things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk