Starlight Chat
MESSAGE BOARD

News:

• Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam
  • SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!

News

Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam

Welcome back everyone!

David · 1766

David

• The Boss Man
  • Site Owner
  • SLC Onwer
on: January 12, 2022, 10:00:22 PM
The past couple of years has been some of the hardest for everyone. With all the crazy things that are going on in the world at this time, it's been a heck of a ride for everyone, I'm sure. One year ago, I had to shut the server down on the old software. It kept crashing constantly after a change I was not expecting happened. I don't need to go into a full review of it all, as you know it took the site eventually out, and I had to end up using another method of chat for those who cared to use it. Early Dec. I started to test the old software once again after moving to a new main server. I had some struggles to get it to even start up correctly but after a few tweaks, changes and the help of the creator on getting me the correct info to use I got it up and running again. I first tested for two straight weeks without any word to anyone because I wanted to just see if me randomly posting now and then in a room or two would crash it. After the first week, it all was looking promising. The second week went by, looked even more. So I started to ask a few of those who did remain coming to the site now and then despite the chat change, to help me out by going into the rooms. Three weeks in and still no crashes. Now in to a full month and still no crashes.

The only issues would be with the avatar coding. But that is minor and can be easily changed to work. If you have trouble, use the examples I posted or even the avatar maker that Natasha had made once upon a time. It's still up and works perfectly.

Lastly, this software is well over 20 years old still. Problems along the way should probably be expected. Browsers take changes all the times that ends up causing other problems along the way. Every membership that is taken in will be saved back to eventually purchase an all new version of a chat that will be something built from the ground up for Starlight Chat only. I promise to try to keep everything working as long as I can. I want to thank you all who stuck around, and those who return. Thanks for supporting the site!

AmB

• Room Owner
  • ..synfully sadistic..
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 07:43:33 AM
glad to see the place back up and running. have missed it.

welcome back everyone!

David

• The Boss Man
  • Site Owner
  • SLC Onwer
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 02:06:36 PM
glad to see the place back up and running. have missed it.

welcome back everyone!

Thank you!...missed things as well.

Tatiana

• Paid Member
  • The Perfect Drug
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 09:06:06 PM
I am happy this place is up and running again, always loved the sleek interface and how easy it was to navigate around here.  I was a previous room owner here many years ago in the rp section.  I might know some of you already.  Looking forward to see what direction Starlight Chat takes in 2022.  All the best, and anyone who wants to reach out, I am a pm away. 

David

• The Boss Man
  • Site Owner
  • SLC Onwer
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 09:20:40 PM
I am happy this place is up and running again, always loved the sleek interface and how easy it was to navigate around here.  I was a previous room owner here many years ago in the rp section.  I might know some of you already.  Looking forward to see what direction Starlight Chat takes in 2022.  All the best, and anyone who wants to reach out, I am a pm away.

Thank you!, welcome back Tatiana!, much appreciated regarding the nice comment toward the site!
 That was always my main goal when trying to build the site, was to make it as easy as possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk